DLL Error: OMF Record Type 0x4d

Using BCB4 I have tried to reproduce the sample DLL project in the printed
manual but get an error which I don't know how to address.  Although the
DLL project compiles and links with no errors, when I create a test project
to exercise it, the linker aborts with the message:

    [Linker Error] '<DLL name>' contains invalid OMF record, type 0x4d.

What can cause such an error message?  The only help I'm able to find says
that "the object module is probably corrupt.  Recreate it."  I've done this
to no avail.

The complete source for the two projects (DLL and exerciser, 18 kB) is
zipped and available at:

        http://physics.usc.edu/~gould/DLL_test.zip

Incidentally, this sample DLL uses VCL.  I have created another DLL
project which doesn't use VCL and don't find a problem.  I hope that
there is no causal connection.
_________________
Christopher M. Gould   phone: (213)740-1101   Dept. of Physics & Astronomy
e-mail: go...@usc.edu    FAX: (213)740-6653   Univ. of Southern California
http://physics.usc.edu/~gould/                Los Angeles, CA   90089-0484

Re:DLL Error: OMF Record Type 0x4d

: "Christopher M. Gould" <go...@usc.edu> wrote:

>when I create a test project
>to exercise it, the linker aborts with the message:

>    [Linker Error] '<DLL name>' contains invalid OMF record, type 0x4d.

What exactly are you linking to? The physical DLL? Or the LIB file?

--
General information:
    * Do not cross- or multipost

(TeamB - http://www.teamb.com/)

"Stefan Hoffmeister (TeamB)" wrote:
> : "Christopher M. Gould" <go...@usc.edu> wrote:
> >when I create a test project
> >to exercise it, the linker aborts with the message:

> >    [Linker Error] '<DLL name>' contains invalid OMF record, type 0x4d.

> What exactly are you linking to? The physical DLL? Or the LIB file?

Oops.  You're right.  I had added "name.dll" to the make file instead
of "name.lib".  Three characters later and it works as advertised.

Thank you.
Christopher M. Gould   phone: (213)740-1101   Dept. of Physics & Astronomy
e-mail: go...@usc.edu    FAX: (213)740-6653   Univ. of Southern California
http://physics.usc.edu/~gould/                Los Angeles, CA   90089-0484

Other Threads