Invalid class string / no such interface supported error messages

Hello,

I could use some advice regarding two errors :
- invalid class string
- no such interface supported

They appear (not both at the same time) upon performing a
'CreateOleObject' under BCB1 that is supposed to fire up an
application build under BCB4.

Under BCB4 I have created a File/New/Active X/COM object using the
wizard, assigning as CoClass Name "TRemoteControl".

Under the Interface ITRemoteControl, I created a new property (the get
property method is supposed to pass a Variant BTW).

Under BCB1, calling CreateOleObject("Cadman.ITRemoteControl"),
Cadman being the name of the BCB4 type library BTW, I get an "invallid
class string".
Under BCB1, calling CreateOleObject("Cadman.TRemoteControl")  results
in "no such interface supported"

And this is where I end up :(

I appreciate all ideas, since this should conclude the porting of a
46000 lines project towards BCB4.
TIA,

Lieven

PS :

The registry contains the following :

Under   My Computer\HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\CLSID\{...GUID... }
TRemoteControl Object

Under My Computer\HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\CLSID\{...GUID... }\LoalServer32
 {Default }     "L:\mncproj.exe /Automation"
 ThreadingModel "Apartment"

Under My Computer\HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\CLSID\{...GUID... }\ProgID
 {Default}      Cadman.TRemoteControl

UnderMy Computer\HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\CLSID\{...GUID... }\Typelib
 ....some identifier...

Under My Computer\HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\CLSID\{...GUID... }\Version
 {Default}      "1.0"

Re:Invalid class string / no such interface supported error messages

Hi,

In porting an existing project from BCB1 to BCB4, I encountered many
problems. All of them got solved so far, mainly in response onto my
postings,  from people reading the newsgroups (many thanks to all of
you folks, BTW ...)

Today, I am stuck (again), and don't see *any* light in the dark.
My problems are one point, but absence of all comments from
Borland/Inprise is another point. And yes, this is what worries me !

So I hope at least somebody can explain to me why TeamB is so silent,
and even better, what I am doing wrong ...
Awaiting (almoste desperate) for your comments...

Lieven.

On Fri, 09 Apr 1999 14:10:32 GMT, NOSPAM.l...@lvd.be (Lieven Tomme)
wrote:

>So I hope at least somebody can explain to me why TeamB is so silent,
>and even better, what I am doing wrong ...
>Awaiting (almoste desperate) for your comments...

TeamB is a group of volunteers. They're not paid to staff these
newsgroups 24x7 and answer every questions. All of them have real jobs
and some of them even have personal lives. In other words, you're not
doing anything wrong. It might be that no one really noticed your
posting. People are busy, so sometimes that happens. Between Borland,
TurboPower and the Jeep newsgroups, I've got almost 10,000 news
messages that I haven't read.

PS> Please don't crosspost

Mike Henderson
Inventor, Patent-Holder and Wordwide Distributor of
The Original Lossless Floss System (c)(r)(tm)

Other Threads