I've seen dozens of posts about how Borland doesn't provide support for
GIF's because of the stupid Unisys licensing requirement.  However, if you
place a TImage component on a form, and use the Object Inspector to load an
image into the Picture property, it does indeed let you load GIF files.  So,
what's the deal?  Can we load GIF's into a TImage or not?  I can't do it in
my programs, but I can do it in the IDE?  What's up with that?

- Dennis

Re:loading GIF's in TImage

May be.
"Thorsten Kettner" <ANSWERBYthorsten.kett...@otto.de> D????D???
:3d91b9d...@newsgroups.borland.com...

> "Dennis Jones" <djo...@nospam.com> wrote:
> >I've seen dozens of posts about how Borland doesn't provide
> >support for GIF's because of the stupid Unisys licensing
> >requirement.  However, if you place a TImage component on a
> >form, and use the Object Inspector to load an image into the
> >Picture property, it does indeed let you load GIF files.  So,
> >what's the deal?  Can we load GIF's into a TImage or not?  I
> >can't do it in my programs, but I can do it in the IDE?
> >What's up with that?

> I think Borland paid the licence fee to offer GIF support in
> their program (BCB), but that doesn't cover programs written
> with BCB. Here it is the programmer who has to pay :(

Other Threads