creating component

Hi ,

I want to create a new component based on the TComboBox

This is supposed to be really easy, and I've even got the C++ Builder
Developer's Guide, but it just doesn't work when you follow the instructions
to the letter.

When I go to "Install Component" and do a "new package"  the resulting
package dialog (with the buttons "compile" and "install" has the dependency
"indyc50.bpi". From memroy, it's obviously a proprietary internal library
and I don't have it anymore so I get a "Find Package Import" dialog that I
can't resolve - because I don't have indyc50.vpi, nor would I want it
compiled into my new package anyway.

Can anyone tell me how to get rid of however it thinks it needs indyc50.bpi.
There must be a file somewhere ?

Re:creating component

Peter vdW <spurryNOSPAM> wrote in message news:3b4f1f36_2@dnews...
> This is supposed to be really easy, and I've even got the C++
Builder
> Developer's Guide, but it just doesn't work when you follow the
instructions
> to the letter.

> When I go to "Install Component" and do a "new package"  the
resulting
> package dialog (with the buttons "compile" and "install" has the
dependency
> "indyc50.bpi". From memroy, it's obviously a proprietary internal
library
> and I don't have it anymore so I get a "Find Package Import" dialog
that I
> can't resolve - because I don't have indyc50.vpi, nor would I want
it
> compiled into my new package anyway.

It's risky to infer from just a few characters, but what about the
very popular open-source INDY internet components packages?  Is this
your own, sole-use machine?  Do you have *any* network or internet
components that might be involved?  At least check the Packages page
of Project|Options.  That's all I can suggest with the amount of info
you posted.  BCB version?  OS?

--
Timothy H. Buchman
City Center Theater New York NY