Packages: Specifying directory for *.BPL file.

I am using C++ Builder 4 Standard Edition.

When I build a PACKAGE, the *.LIB and *.BPL and *.BPI files are NOT stored
in the same directory as the package file (*.BPK).

By using the menu item Project/Options/Directories and specifying the
"BPI/LIB Output" directory, then the *.BPI and *.LIB files are stored where
I specify.

But when I use the menu item Project/Options/Directories and specify the
"Final Output" directory for the *.BPL file, the IDE does not save the
directory I specify, because the next time I run C++ Builder, the "Final
Output" directory that I previously specified is missing.

The result is that Builder saves the *.BPL file to the global BPL path as
specified in "Tools/Environment_Options/BPL_Directory (in my case this is
the ...\Borland\CBuilder4\Projects\BPL directory), instead of to the
directory that I want it to.

Why doesn't the IDE properly save and recall the
"Project/Options/Directories/Final_Output"?

Eric

Re:Packages: Specifying directory for *.BPL file.

: "Eric Ribble" <rib...@amtsys.com> wrote:

>when I use the menu item Project/Options/Directories and specify the
>"Final Output" directory for the *.BPL file, the IDE does not save the
>directory I specify,

This appears to be a known problem, sorry.

If you have any "+" or "-" in your path, then this might be a reason, too.