16-bit to 32-bit dll conversion

All of my in-house written C dlls are 16-bit.  I need to convert them to
32-bit but I don't know how.  Can anyone point me in the right
direction?

Thanks

jsa...@satotravel.com

Re:16-bit to 32-bit dll conversion

SatoTravel wrote:

> All of my in-house written C dlls are 16-bit.  I need to convert them to
> 32-bit but I don't know how.  Can anyone point me in the right
> direction?

Project | New .... DLL
set up directories and such
add source files, save, compile, save again.

Ask here if specific errors occur.

HTH

Bob

: SatoTravel <jsa...@satotravel.com> wrote:
>All of my in-house written C dlls are 16-bit.  I need to convert them to
>32-bit but I don't know how.

* File | New... Console Wizard
    DLL

* Add your source code to the DLL project

* Project | Make

* Fix the problems

That's about as general as it can get. Sorry.

--
General information:
    * Do not cross- or multipost

TeamB - http://www.teamb.com/

Re:16-bit to 32-bit dll conversion

SatoTravel,

Just recompile it under a 32 bit compiler. We did that with our main
library in late '98 and it took one person only two weeks to port the
7.5MB of source.

Having said that we rarely use 'int' because of its potential for
changing size. The most irritating problem IIRC was the change in for()
syntax. Most 32 bit compilers follow the new ANSI standard and the
scope of variables declared in the initialisation part is limited to
the for loop itself.

Andrue Cope
[Bicester, UK]

Other Threads