Can't register large DLL

Hi, Pedro!

Are there different versions of Windows on the machines involved?

------
Mark Cashman (TeamB - C++ Builder), creator of The Temp{*word*203}Doorway at
http://www.temporaldoorway.com
- Original digital art, writing, music and more -
C++ Builder / JBuilder Tips and The C++ Builder Programmer's Webring
(Join us!)
------

Re:Can't register large DLL

Hi everyone,

    I have a OLE automation stored in one large DLL (~6MB). When I try
to register the DLL using regsvr32 I got the following error:
    LoadLibrary (xxxx) failed
    GetLastError returns 0x00000485
    This error only happens in few machines. The same DLL have worked
fine on the others machines.
    I created a Dummy DLL, only with the interface returning fixed
values. The DLL size decreased to 400K and regsvr32 runs fine on all
machines. Why can't I register a large DLL on some machines?

    Thanks for any help,

    Pedro Chau

Re:Can't register large DLL

Pedro, is this DLL built statically, i.e. does it use packages and/or
RTL DLL ?

Alex

--
HotSend - portable documents technology
http://www.hotsend.com/

Re:Can't register large DLL

Yes, this DLL is build statically.
"Alex Bakaev [TeamB]" wrote:
> Pedro, is this DLL built statically, i.e. does it use packages and/or
> RTL DLL ?

> Alex

> Pedro Yan Fei Chau wrote:

> > Hi everyone,

> >     I have a OLE automation stored in one large DLL (~6MB). When I try
> > to register the DLL using regsvr32 I got the following error:
> >     LoadLibrary (xxxx) failed
> >     GetLastError returns 0x00000485
> >     This error only happens in few machines. The same DLL have worked
> > fine on the others machines.
> >     I created a Dummy DLL, only with the interface returning fixed
> > values. The DLL size decreased to 400K and regsvr32 runs fine on all
> > machines. Why can't I register a large DLL on some machines?

> >     Thanks for any help,

> >     Pedro Chau

> --
> HotSend - portable documents technology
> http://www.hotsend.com/
> eFax - get your faxes via email - Free !
> http://www.efax.com

Re:Can't register large DLL

I got this informations from system tab of control panel:
Can't register in this system:
    Microsoft Windows95
    4.00.950 B
    IE 5 5.00.2314.1003
    Computador:
        Pentium (r)
        32 MB

Register OK:
    Microsoft Windows95
    4.00.950 B
    Computador:
        Pentium (r)
        32 MB

Register OK:
    Microsoft Windows95
    4.00.950 B
    IE 4.0 4.72.3612.1713
    Computador:
        Pentium (r)
        64 MB

    Pedro Chau

"Mark Cashman (TeamB BCB)" wrote:

> Hi, Pedro!

> Are there different versions of Windows on the machines involved?

> ------
> Mark Cashman (TeamB - C++ Builder), creator of The Temp{*word*203}Doorway at
> http://www.temporaldoorway.com
> - Original digital art, writing, music and more -
> C++ Builder / JBuilder Tips and The C++ Builder Programmer's Webring
> (Join us!)
> http://www.temporaldoorway.com/programming/index.htm
> ------

Re:Can't register large DLL

Looks like something related to IE5. I'd try uninstalling that and
falling back to 4 on the machine with the problem.

------
Mark Cashman (TeamB - C++ Builder), creator of The Temp{*word*203}Doorway at
http://www.temporaldoorway.com
- Original digital art, writing, music and more -
C++ Builder / JBuilder Tips and The C++ Builder Programmer's Webring
(Join us!)
------

Re:Can't register large DLL

Have you considered building a test system w/ Windows 95 + IE 5 + BCB, and
then tracing through your DLL with regsvr32.exe as the host application
(Run->Parameters in the IDE)?

My understanding is that regsvr32.exe loads your DLL and makes calls into a
few functions to get the DLL to register itself.  You should be able to set
a breakpoint on these routines and trace until you find the problem.

Pedro Yan Fei Chau <c...@reckon.com.br> wrote in message

> I got this informations from system tab of control panel:
> Can't register in this system:
>     Microsoft Windows95
>     4.00.950 B
>     IE 5 5.00.2314.1003
>     Computador:
>         Pentium (r)
>         32 MB

> Register OK:
>     Microsoft Windows95
>     4.00.950 B
>     Computador:
>         Pentium (r)
>         32 MB

> Register OK:
>     Microsoft Windows95
>     4.00.950 B
>     IE 4.0 4.72.3612.1713
>     Computador:
>         Pentium (r)
>         64 MB

>     Pedro Chau

[...]

Re:Can't register large DLL

Hi, Mark!

    I made some additional tests and I find out that the DLL doesn't run
windows 95 OSR 2.5 (4.00.950 C) and windows 98.

    Pedro

"Mark Cashman (TeamB BCB)" wrote:

> Hi, Pedro!

> Are there different versions of Windows on the machines involved?

> ------
> Mark Cashman (TeamB - C++ Builder), creator of The Temp{*word*203}Doorway at
> http://www.temporaldoorway.com
> - Original digital art, writing, music and more -
> C++ Builder / JBuilder Tips and The C++ Builder Programmer's Webring
> (Join us!)
> http://www.temporaldoorway.com/programming/index.htm
> ------

Other Threads