problem with static linked packages into a dll

Hello,

I have a dll with vcl components. In the project options I have unchecked
the Build with runtime packages and also unchecked the Use dynamic RTL. The
same applies for the main EXE which uses the DLL.

But I get an error message that VCLX50.BPL is missing when I try to run the
app on another computer.

What am I doing wrong?

/Peter

Re:problem with static linked packages into a dll

> I have a dll with vcl components. In the project options I have unchecked
> the Build with runtime packages and also unchecked the Use dynamic RTL. The
> same applies for the main EXE which uses the DLL.

That sounds right. Are you sure you did a build all? Are you using a component
that isn't statically linked?

+====================================================+
| Jonathan Arnold (mailto:jdarn...@buddydog.org)     |
| Havas Interactive             HyperStudio Engineer |
| http://www.buddydog.org http://www.hyperstudio.com |
+====================================================+

If you pick up a starving dog and make him prosperous,
he will not bite you; that is the principal difference
between a dog and a man. -- Mark Twain

Re:problem with static linked packages into a dll

Yes, I did a Build All.

I think it concerns the file control functions in vclx50. Aren't they
statically linked?

/Peter

"Jonathan Arnold" <jdarn...@buddydog.org> skrev i meddelandet

> > I have a dll with vcl components. In the project options I have
unchecked
> > the Build with runtime packages and also unchecked the Use dynamic RTL.
The
> > same applies for the main EXE which uses the DLL.

> That sounds right. Are you sure you did a build all? Are you using a
component
> that isn't statically linked?

> +====================================================+
> | Jonathan Arnold (mailto:jdarn...@buddydog.org)     |
> | Havas Interactive             HyperStudio Engineer |
> | http://www.buddydog.org http://www.hyperstudio.com |
> +====================================================+

> If you pick up a starving dog and make him prosperous,
> he will not bite you; that is the principal difference
> between a dog and a man. -- Mark Twain

Re:problem with static linked packages into a dll

> I think it concerns the file control functions in vclx50. Aren't they
> statically linked?

Sure they are. You still must be doing something wrong, as these are the steps
to create a stand alone executable (*except* if you use an ActiveX control or
if you use database stuff):

Open the Project Options dialog. On the Linker page turn off the "Dynamic
RTL" option. On the Packages page turn off the "Build with runtime packages"
option. Rebuild the project.

Again, the only other thing you might be doing is using some 3rd party component
that is linked correctly, or perhaps one you built yourself.

+====================================================+
| Jonathan Arnold (mailto:jdarn...@buddydog.org)     |
| Havas Interactive             HyperStudio Engineer |
| http://www.buddydog.org http://www.hyperstudio.com |
+====================================================+

If you pick up a starving dog and make him prosperous,
he will not bite you; that is the principal difference
between a dog and a man. -- Mark Twain

Re:problem with static linked packages into a dll

I don't know how many times I have  rebuild my projects while trying to find
out what was wrong. After your reply I deleted all project files (bpr) and
recreated them again  from scratch. Then it worked!

Something must have been wrong in one of the project files which did not
show up in the Project | Options dialog.

But now it works...

Thanks

> > I think it concerns the file control functions in vclx50. Aren't they
> > statically linked?

> Sure they are. You still must be doing something wrong, as these are the
steps
> to create a stand alone executable (*except* if you use an ActiveX control
or
> if you use database stuff):

> Open the Project Options dialog. On the Linker page turn off the "Dynamic
> RTL" option. On the Packages page turn off the "Build with runtime
packages"
> option. Rebuild the project.

> Again, the only other thing you might be doing is using some 3rd party
component
> that is linked correctly, or perhaps one you built yourself.

> | Jonathan Arnold (mailto:jdarn...@buddydog.org)     |
> | Havas Interactive             HyperStudio Engineer |
> | http://www.buddydog.org http://www.hyperstudio.com |

> If you pick up a starving dog and make him prosperous,
> he will not bite you; that is the principal difference
> between a dog and a man. -- Mark Twain

Other Threads