Splash form

I am trying to build a splash form into my application, and have found
the below example. However, I get a "Linker error: Unresolved
external....." when I try the example. What could be the mistake? All
help is appreciated!

/johan friskopp

FAQ533C.txt   Showing a splash screen at startup
Category   :VCL
Platform    :All
Product    :C++Builder  1.x

Question:
Where is the best place to open a splash screen on program
start up?

Answer:

The best place to open a splash screen is in the project
source file after initializing the Application object and
before running the Application object.
This is accomplished by creating a "splash" form on the fly
and then displaying it before the main loop of the app is
entered.  Just before calling Application->Run(), we hide
and delete the splash form.

#include
#pragma hdrstop

USEFORM("Unit1.cpp", Form1);
USERES("Project1.res");

// Be sure to include the header for the splash form.
// This splash form is called TSplashForm.
#include "Splash.h"

WINAPI WinMain(HINSTANCE, HINSTANCE, LPSTR, int)
{
    Application->Initialize();

    SplashForm = new TSplashForm(Application);
    SplashForm->Show();
    SplashForm->Update();

    Application->CreateForm(__classid(TForm1), &Form1);

    SplashForm->Hide();
    delete SplashForm;

    Application->Run();

    return 0;

}

7/2/9

Re:Splash form

Please don't bother with this - I found the answer in the Mast app example....

/johan friskopp

Other Threads