Problem rebuilding Delphi component with BCB5 Std.

I try to rebuild a Delphi component that I recently downloaded.
I already solved the DesgnIntf.dcu compatibility issue but now I get another
error:
The Pascal unit uses the function DirectoryExists. The prototype for this
function is in FileCtrl.hpp and the library is \lib\obj\FileCtrl.dcu. The
compiler
wants a FileCtrl.obj file but that file is not part of C++Builder (neither 3
nor 5), so I get an error. Why does Builder not use the dcu? The unit
includes a statement "uses FileCtrl...". When I remove this, I get an error.

Re:Problem rebuilding Delphi component with BCB5 Std.

Hi, Jorg!

The folks in the .ide group will be able to better solve your
compilation / linking problem. At any rate, AFAIK, BCB cannot use .dcu
files - you must have the source.

------
Mark Cashman, TeamB C++ Builder
C++ Builder, JBuilder programming information
Home of The C++ Builder Programmer's Webring - Join us!
------

Other Threads