IDE Locks system at splash screen

After spending months writing a company project in BCP++ 3.0 I attempted
to load up the IDE and I got to the splash screen and at that point, the
system locked up solid. Even the mouse would no longer move!!! I get no
error messages at all.

I did a reinstall and a complete reformat of the entire system and I got
the same result!

I am at whits end, I am ready to s{*word*99} the whole fking project and go
back to writing it in VB 5.0!!!

Does anyone have any idea what the hell could have happened?

Re:IDE Locks system at splash screen

Update your display driver - it's most likely is the reason ( this has
been disscussed here numerous times ). Also, try starting bcb with the
-ns option ( no splash screen ).

Alex

Garry F wrote:

> After spending months writing a company project in BCP++ 3.0 I attempted
> to load up the IDE and I got to the splash screen and at that point, the
> system locked up solid. Even the mouse would no longer move!!! I get no
> error messages at all.

> I did a reinstall and a complete reformat of the entire system and I got
> the same result!

> I am at whits end, I am ready to s{*word*99} the whole fking project and go
> back to writing it in VB 5.0!!!

> Does anyone have any idea what the hell could have happened?

Other Threads