BCB4 Inserting ActiveX Control into Word

What additional interfaces or changes do in need for my Activeform to make
it insertable into a Microsoft Word document?

My form works great with BCB4, Explorer, VB, and Visio. Word however, does
not even see the control (even with 'Insertable' in the registry).

BTW, Kudos to Borland on BCB4. ActiveX support seems to be vastly improved.

Regards,

Dave

Re:BCB4 Inserting ActiveX Control into Word

Dave Borg wrote:

> What additional interfaces or changes do in need for my Activeform to make
> it insertable into a Microsoft Word document?

*shrug* i'd like to answer this question for you, but I don't know
what requirements Word imposes as a container.

> My form works great with BCB4, Explorer, VB, and Visio. Word however, does
> not even see the control (even with 'Insertable' in the registry).

> BTW, Kudos to Borland on BCB4. ActiveX support seems to be vastly improved.

Thank you! :)

Re:BCB4 Inserting ActiveX Control into Word

Dave Borg  wrote

> What additional interfaces or changes do in need for my Activeform to make
> it insertable into a Microsoft Word document?
> Word however, does
> not even see the control (even with 'Insertable' in the registry).

You need to add "Insertable" in two places in the registry:
1) in the CLSID section
2) in the ProgID section

Office applications tend to look for it in the ProgID section before adding
the control to the insert dialog. Other applications look for it in the
CLSID section.

This is not quite the full story though, but its a start.

Glad I could help you!

Dave

Other Threads