Board index » cppbuilder » Runtime Package - linking problem

Runtime Package - linking problem

Hi,
  I have a number of small projects that all use some common files.  I
built a runtime package with these common files, following the
directions in Chapt 10 of the BCB5 developer's guide, no problem, real
easy.  I then added the package to the list of Run time packages in my
project|option|packages pagg, just like the book said.  Built the
project, no problem.
  Now to see if the package works, I removed one of the files from the
project.  The header for the file is still in my Unit1.cpp.  Build,
Linker error,
[Linker Error] Unresolved external 'TBlkfrm::' referenced from
C:\PROGRAM    FILES\BORLAND\CBUILDER5\TESTS\PACKAGES\SPAT_PKG\SPAT1.OBJ
[Linker Error] Unresolved external '__fastcall
TBlkfrm::TBlkfrm(Classes::TComponent *)'    referenced from C:\PROGRAM
FILES\BORLAND\CBUILDER5\TESTS\PACKAGES\SPAT_PKG\SPAT1.OBJ
[Linker Error] Unresolved external '_Blkfrm' referenced from
C:\PROGRAM    FILES\BORLAND\CBUILDER5\TESTS\PACKAGES\SPAT_PKG\SPAT1.OBJ

TBlkfrm is a form used by my project to display information.
Thanks for any suggestions
Kerry

 

Re:Runtime Package - linking problem


Add the PACKAGE macro for any class you wish to have visible outside the
package:

class PACKAGE TBlkfrm : public TForm
{
// .... and so on

Quote
};
Kerry Culligan <kerry_culli...@ncts.navy.mil> wrote in message

news:3A6B16FA.E7B98A53@ncts.navy.mil...
Quote
> Hi,
>   I have a number of small projects that all use some common files.  I
> built a runtime package with these common files, following the
> directions in Chapt 10 of the BCB5 developer's guide, no problem, real
> easy.  I then added the package to the list of Run time packages in my
> project|option|packages pagg, just like the book said.  Built the
> project, no problem.
>   Now to see if the package works, I removed one of the files from the
> project.  The header for the file is still in my Unit1.cpp.  Build,
> Linker error,
> [Linker Error] Unresolved external 'TBlkfrm::' referenced from
> C:\PROGRAM

FILES\BORLAND\CBUILDER5\TESTS\PACKAGES\SPAT_PKG\SPAT1.OBJ
Quote
> [Linker Error] Unresolved external '__fastcall
> TBlkfrm::TBlkfrm(Classes::TComponent *)'    referenced from C:\PROGRAM
> FILES\BORLAND\CBUILDER5\TESTS\PACKAGES\SPAT_PKG\SPAT1.OBJ
> [Linker Error] Unresolved external '_Blkfrm' referenced from
> C:\PROGRAM

FILES\BORLAND\CBUILDER5\TESTS\PACKAGES\SPAT_PKG\SPAT1.OBJ
Quote

> TBlkfrm is a form used by my project to display information.
> Thanks for any suggestions
> Kerry

Other Threads