vcl40.bpl

I am currently using C++ builder 4.0  which comes with vcl40.bpl. My
application crashes with an error message "Illegal operation performed ".
When I step through the code I also get the following error message before
getting the above message.

Project DTMEHost.exe raised exception class EAccessViolation message 'Access
violation at address 8000000F". Read of address 8000000F. Process stopped.
use step or run to continue.

when I step I get same message with a different address 80000004.  and
finally it gives "illegal operation performed" and crashes.

I would really appreciate if someone could help me

gopal