Removing properties/methods created by wizard

    I want to create an ActiveX control that isn't based on any of the
components offered in the ActiveX control wizard.  Of course, the wizard
requires a base component.

    Will I get into a boatload of problems if, after choosing a random
component (likely the simplest - TPanel), I then use the type library
editor to delete the properties and methods that are meaningless to my
desired end result ActiveX control which has no visible components?

    Perhaps I'm trying to use the wrong tools???

thanks for suggestions,

Curtis.

Re:Removing properties/methods created by wizard

Then maybe you should just create an automation object? Does it have to
be ActiveX control?

Alex

Curtis Brown wrote:

[snip]

Re:Removing properties/methods created by wizard

    Other developers on the team who will be implementing my control into
their applications prefer to have a design time object (like the VCL
components) that they can drop onto their forms and preset the properties
and event handlers.  Perhaps mistakenly, I understood the automation object
to be setup entirely at runtime by way of a DLL interface.  Can you verify
or correct my understanding?

thanks,

Curtis.

"Alex Bakaev [TeamB]" wrote:
> Then maybe you should just create an automation object? Does it have to
> be ActiveX control?

> Alex

> Curtis Brown wrote:
> [snip]

Re:Removing properties/methods created by wizard

Yeah, you cannot have design-time control of an automation object. I
think it's possible to do what you want with a TPanel-descendant
ActiveX. You can edit the xxx_ocx.h file to remove the properties you
don't want to show up in the Object Inspector.

Alex

--
HotSend - portable documents technology
http://www.hotsend.com/