Rebuild, Rebuild and REBUILD !!

Hi all,
    I have recently applied the BCB3 Patch 1, which appeared to fix some
problems I was having developing my application.  However, now,  when ever I
change my DLL's in the project and compile them (which it does fine), the
application falls over when running on the Application->CreateForm() method.
I have to rebuild the application and then alls well, except I really don't
want to have to rebuild it every I time make a small change to my DLL's.
Also, I have just set the project options so that I can debug throught the
VCL source code aswell, but now my app falls over in
"Graphics.TResourceManager.AllocResource(const ResData): PResource;" on the
1st line "ResHash := GetHashCode(ResData, ResDataSize);" with
"EAccessViolation" etc "address 0047f467" etc "read of 00000020" etc.  Whats
goin' on, it works fine if I dont include the VCL debug source ?!??!
    Anyone any ideas ??

Steve.

Re:Rebuild, Rebuild and REBUILD !!

Steven Fillingham wrote:
> [...]
>     I have recently applied the BCB3 Patch 1, which appeared to fix some
> problems I was having developing my application.  However, now,  when ever I
> change my DLL's in the project and compile them (which it does fine), the
> application falls over when running on the Application->CreateForm() method.

Try to disable incremental linker by turning ON "Don't generate state
files" option on the Linker options page. It worked for me.

Regards,
Igor.

Re:Rebuild, Rebuild and REBUILD !!

>>Try to disable incremental linker by turning ON "Don't generate state

files" option on the Linker options page. It worked for me.

FWIW, that doesn't disabled the incremental linker. All it does is tell BCB
to keep the il? files in memory rather than building them on disk.

--
Kent (TeamB and TurboPower Software)

"Kent Reisdorph (TeamB)" wrote:

> >>Try to disable incremental linker by turning ON "Don't generate state
> files" option on the Linker options page. It worked for me.

> FWIW, that doesn't disabled the incremental linker. All it does is tell BCB
> to keep the il? files in memory rather than building them on disk.

Oh, I see. Is this why it actually links faster or at least with the
same speed when this option is on? <G>

Regards,
Igor.

Re:Rebuild, Rebuild and REBUILD !!

>>Is this why it actually links faster or at least with the

same speed when this option is on? <G>

Presumably.

--
Kent (TeamB and TurboPower Software)