Why doesn't anyone reply to posts?

I've posted 3 messages in the last month in here. I'm new to C++ builder and
need help occasionally. I've never gotten a single reply to any of my posts!
Why? Are my questions that stupid? Is there a serious lack of expertise in
theis forum? If so, where should I go for help? What's the deal people?

If you don't like my questions, or I don't provide enough info, let me know.
Are you even getting these messages?

I moved over from VC++ to C++ Builder because it's much easier and VCL seems
much easier to understand. I didn't know alot of MFC, but was tired of
writing tons of code to get a simple window up and running with a minimum of
features. Microsoft's wizards suck too. What's with the tons of code to
accomplish the same things I can do in much fewer lines and files by hand
coding them? I have no idea why VC++ is the standard...

--
Ruel Smith
Cincinnati, OH

Re:Why doesn't anyone reply to posts?

Hello, Ruel !

Ruel Smith wrote :

>I've posted 3 messages in the last month in here. I'm new to C++ builder
and
>need help occasionally. I've never gotten a single reply to any of my
posts!
>Why?

Really, why? Ruel, you are not lonely. Look at my questions... Probably in
the subjects of our messages we must write: ***TeamB, where are you?***

> I want to add a progress bar in a status bar

I don`t know, sorry.

>I'm new to C++ Builder. Any suggestions to where I can learn about visual
>programming and the IDE? Books? Online tutorials?

The English is not a native language to me. But I have some links:
http://www.bcbdev.com
        Harold Howe`s [TeamB] page
        This set of pages offers insights, guidance, tips and tricks.
http://www.torry.ru/
        Delphi/CBuilder site
http://www.informit.com/product/0672310228/
        Charlie Calvert's Borland C++ Builder Unleashed
http://www.BruceEckel.com/
        Books & Book Support (Java, C++, CORBA, Delphi),  source code
http://www.codeguru.com/
        Here you will find hundreds of code snippets
                      that can help you with your projects
http://www.richplum.co.uk/
        FAQs on CBuilder & Delphi

I hope this helps
good luck

ilyko

Re:Why doesn't anyone reply to posts?

On Sat, 13 Nov 1999 11:24:10 -0500, "Ruel Smith" <rue...@fuse.net>
wrote:

>I've posted 3 messages in the last month in here. I'm new to C++ builder and
>need help occasionally. I've never gotten a single reply to any of my posts!
>Why?

(I hope this posting will reach you)

Make sure you post your message on borlands server
(forums.borland.com). If you post you msg on another server the
message will not be sent to borlands server and the TeamB guys will
not see your message........

(there is a msg somewhere in the past about this, look for it with
deja)

Martijn Brinkers

Re:Why doesn't anyone reply to posts?

You're not alone ... no one replies to my posts either.

-chad

Other Threads