Accessing the Edit Box Portion of a Combo Box

I am using a csDropDown style TComboBox.  Having the attached edit box is
nice, except that I do not want a user to actually be able to type something
in the edit box.  Is there a way I can access the ReadOnly member of the
TEdit attached to the TComboBox to turn off the ability for user input?  If
not, is there another way to accomplish this?

Thanks,

Trey Brown

Re:Accessing the Edit Box Portion of a Combo Box

In article <6udne7$br...@nnrp1.dejanews.com>, trey.br...@srs.gov writes

>I am using a csDropDown style TComboBox.  Having the attached edit box is
>nice, except that I do not want a user to actually be able to type something
>in the edit box.  Is there a way I can access the ReadOnly member of the
>TEdit attached to the TComboBox to turn off the ability for user input?  If
>not, is there another way to accomplish this?

Setting the Style property of the TComboBox to csOwnerDrawFixed did this
under Delphi 1.  Could be worth trying under BCB (the BCB help system
seems to imply something different, but the BCB help system has just
occasionally been known to be inaccurate ...).
--
Jim Macleod

Other Threads