F1004 Internal compiler error - more info

This relates to a problem I am having with enterprise BCB 5.0 running
under Windows 2000 with a project that was migrated from BCB 4.0
professional (and perhaps from version 3 pro.)

I haven't tested the fix for very long but was able to get around the
problem I was having as follows:

THE PROBLEM
TComModule _ProjectModule(0 /*InitATLServer*/);

*** Compiler hangs on the previous line with the following error:

[C++ Fatal Error] Rasis.cpp(41): F1004 Internal compiler error at
0x12958c4 with base 0x1200000

THE FIX (What got rid of my problem):

Move the header include for the active template library above all header
includes but below vcl include - like this:

#include <vcl.h>
#include <atl\atlmod.h>

other #include's ...

The related newsgroup threads that I read didn't indicate that the
problem was with the atl specific code as it was in my project so this
may be a different problem and I may get the error again.  Worth a try
however, if you are also having this trouble.

Good luck

Re:F1004 Internal compiler error - more info

Some additional information:

I failed to mention a couple of details.

1) The error occured in the source code for the project source file.

2) The atl include was previously outside of my precompiled header file
'PCH.H' (used in all modules in the project) and that the fix involved
moving it into that file from the source file.
When in the source file, the atl header was not included in my precompiled
headers.  Also, I put the atl include as the last include in PCH.H and the
project still compiles.  Therefore, the fix may have been just to include
the atl header with the other precompiled headers (irrespective of order).

> This relates to a problem I am having with enterprise BCB 5.0 running
> under Windows 2000 with a project that was migrated from BCB 4.0
> professional (and perhaps from version 3 pro.)

> I haven't tested the fix for very long but was able to get around the
> problem I was having as follows:

> THE PROBLEM
> TComModule _ProjectModule(0 /*InitATLServer*/);

> *** Compiler hangs on the previous line with the following error:

> [C++ Fatal Error] Rasis.cpp(41): F1004 Internal compiler error at
> 0x12958c4 with base 0x1200000

> THE FIX (What got rid of my problem):

> Move the header include for the active template library above all header
> includes but below vcl include - like this:

> #include <vcl.h>
> #include <atl\atlmod.h>

> other #include's ...

> The related newsgroup threads that I read didn't indicate that the
> problem was with the atl specific code as it was in my project so this
> may be a different problem and I may get the error again.  Worth a try
> however, if you are also having this trouble.

> Good luck

Re:F1004 Internal compiler error - more info

Actually, I don't think either of these is the real reason why it was
fixed.

I get that error regularly. For me, the solution is to delete the
PCH.CSM and PCH.#00 files and restart the make. I suspesct that your
moving of the #includes caused the PCH.CSM to be rebuilt which caused
the error to go away.

I hope that Borland fixes this soon!!!

Graham
On Wed, 19 Jul 2000 11:17:19 -0700, James Benn <jb...@actawr.com>
wrote:

>Some additional information:

>I failed to mention a couple of details.

>1) The error occured in the source code for the project source file.

>2) The atl include was previously outside of my precompiled header file
>'PCH.H' (used in all modules in the project) and that the fix involved
>moving it into that file from the source file.

>When in the source file, the atl header was not included in my precompiled
>headers.  Also, I put the atl include as the last include in PCH.H and the
>project still compiles.  Therefore, the fix may have been just to include
>the atl header with the other precompiled headers (irrespective of order).

>> This relates to a problem I am having with enterprise BCB 5.0 running
>> under Windows 2000 with a project that was migrated from BCB 4.0
>> professional (and perhaps from version 3 pro.)

>> I haven't tested the fix for very long but was able to get around the
>> problem I was having as follows:

>> THE PROBLEM
>> TComModule _ProjectModule(0 /*InitATLServer*/);

>> *** Compiler hangs on the previous line with the following error:

>> [C++ Fatal Error] Rasis.cpp(41): F1004 Internal compiler error at
>> 0x12958c4 with base 0x1200000

>> THE FIX (What got rid of my problem):

>> Move the header include for the active template library above all header
>> includes but below vcl include - like this:

>> #include <vcl.h>
>> #include <atl\atlmod.h>

>> other #include's ...

>> The related newsgroup threads that I read didn't indicate that the
>> problem was with the atl specific code as it was in my project so this
>> may be a different problem and I may get the error again.  Worth a try
>> however, if you are also having this trouble.

>> Good luck

Other Threads