Packages get removed automatically

This is driving me nuts..

Every time I start builder 4 it UNCHECKS several of my packages from my design
packages list ( Component->Install Packages  - or - Project Options->Packages ),
successfully screwing me up every time when the last page I had open for the
project contains a component from those packages.

I've rechecked them a Hundred times .. when I reopen the project they are un
checked...
I've reinstalled ALL of my packages - same thing
I've uninstalled ALL of my packages and reinstalled - same thing

I've uninstalled ALL, deleted all *.obj, *.tds, *.il?, *.csm for all my
packages, and current projects and did full rebuilds on all of them and
installed them - when I reopen the project (project group actually), same
problem, some are unchecked...  *sign*

I hope someone can help me...

- Tolga
Systems Administrator
Post Time Research
-----------------------------
(   ICQ# 28264566   )

Re:Packages get removed automatically

> Every time I start builder 4 it UNCHECKS several of my packages from my design
> packages list ( Component->Install Packages  - or - Project

Options->Packages ),

Answered my own question... ( I should post questions to the newsgroups more
often, I can work on a problem for days, but once I post a question here, the
answer comes all to easy ! <g> )

The other day builder was unstable and I shut it down and restarted it and it
decided it couldn't load any of my packages.. to some I told it not to load
again ( knowing I was going to rebuild them anyway )..  But learned the hard way
that even if you nuke your packages out of builder and reintall them it still
keeps the name of the packages not to load again, in the registry ( "c++
builder/Disabled Packages" key )..

I deleted the "c++ builder/Disabled Packages" key and now all works fine..

I consider this a bug.. when you reinstall a package it should remove it from
this key... or at least a prompt of some sort to let the developer know that
they just installed a package which is on the kill list !

- Tolga
Systems Administrator
Post Time Research
(   ICQ# 28264566   )