Modules not recompiling on #include file change w/nested #includes

We have a project with several dozen header files, many of which are
#included by most of the source files.  We'd like to centralize them
in a single header file.  That is, instead of listing all #includes
explicitly in every source file, we'd like to insert them all in a
single header file, say "master.h", and then just #include "master.h"
in the source modules.

We tried this, but there seem to have been some problems with
C++Builder not rebuilding when one of the header files changed.  That
is, when one of the header files was modified, Builder did not
recompile source modules that #include'd "master.h".  This did not happen
consistently; only sometimes.

Does anyone have any idea what we're doing wrong?  Or has anyone else
experienced a similar problem?  Or can help us more precisely
identify the problem?

The header files were all going into a precompiled header, if that
makes a difference.  We have installed the patches.

Thanks for any help on this.

- Keith Bennett

Re:Modules not recompiling on #include file change w/nested #includes

On 10 Jan 1998 12:53:16 -0500, kbenn...@cpcug.org (Keith Bennett)
wrote:

>The header files were all going into a precompiled header, if that
>makes a difference.  We have installed the patches.

>Thanks for any help on this.

>- Keith Bennett

I *think* your problem is in the "pre" of precompiled headers.  It is
my understanding that you should only precompile headers that are not
going to change.

Other Threads