Compiling Delphi 6 package with BCB6

Hi there,
I have a Delphi 6 package and source that works and compile fine with BCB5.
Now that I try it with BCB6 I get
[Link Fata Error] Fatal: Unable to open file 'CONTROLS.OBJ'

Controls is one of the VCL units.
Is there any library I am missing from the Requires in the package?

regards
Stephan Marais

Re:Compiling Delphi 6 package with BCB6

> Now that I try it with BCB6 I get
> [Link Fata Error] Fatal: Unable to open file 'CONTROLS.OBJ'

I added some of the lib files from
\Program Files\Borland\CBuilder6\Lib\Release

Stephan

Re:Compiling Delphi 6 package with BCB6

You should require vcl.bpi and perhaps rtl.bpi for C++ code that needs
controls.pas/obj/dcu.  If this is a pascal file that needs it view the make
options source and find the PFLAGS section and add -LUvcl -LUrtl and it should
find it.

--
Jeff Overcash (TeamB)
This sad little lizard told me that he was a brontosaurus on his mother's

Re:Compiling Delphi 6 package with BCB6

You shouldn't be linking the code directly into the package, you should be
requiring the bpi to do a dynamic link.

--
Jeff Overcash (TeamB)
This sad little lizard told me that he was a brontosaurus on his mother's
side.  I did not laugh; people who boast of ancestry often have little else
to sustain them.  Humoring them costs nothing and ads to happiness in
a world in which happiness is in short supply.   (RAH)

Other Threads