ActiveX for ASP - what I'm doing wrong

Hi,

I have to write some ActiveX object which I would like to use
in my ASP (Active Server Pages) application. I'm doing it first time,
it seamed simple but something has failed.

1) I'm creating new ActiveX Library
2) I'm adding Active Server Object
3) After compilation I register this library (DLL)
4) Then when I'm only trying to create the object with
    Set CBuilderASPObj = Server.CreateObject("ArisQMS.QMSAccess")
    from ASP file it fails

Error:
Active Server Pages, ASP 0241 (0x80004005)
The CreateObject of '(null)' caused exception C0000005.

What is the hook, here?

TIA,
Michal

Re:ActiveX for ASP - what I'm doing wrong

Hi,

I got the same problem as you. I've created a simple ActiveX DLL in
VB5 (I'll try VB6 later). Try to set it to a variable and I get the
same message as you.

My class (in the DLL) only do a randomize and returns an Integer. I
don't know if it's not allowed, but it sure is a strange way to learn
it.

I've read somewhere that it's possible that the server need a special
DLL (from VB).

I'll check all that and give my results ... here !

Byebye

"Michal" <marte...@man.poznan.pl> wrote in message <news:3c66e8db$1_2@dnews>...
> Hi,

> I have to write some ActiveX object which I would like to use
> in my ASP (Active Server Pages) application. I'm doing it first time,
> it seamed simple but something has failed.

> 1) I'm creating new ActiveX Library
> 2) I'm adding Active Server Object
> 3) After compilation I register this library (DLL)
> 4) Then when I'm only trying to create the object with
>     Set CBuilderASPObj = Server.CreateObject("ArisQMS.QMSAccess")
>     from ASP file it fails

> Error:
> Active Server Pages, ASP 0241 (0x80004005)
> The CreateObject of '(null)' caused exception C0000005.

> What is the hook, here?

> TIA,
> Michal

Other Threads