Problem rebuilding Delphi component with BCB5 Std.

I try to rebuild a Delphi component that I recently downloaded.
I already solved the DesgnIntf.dcu compatibility issue but now I get another
error:
The Pascal unit uses the function DirectoryExists. The prototype for this
function is in FileCtrl.hpp and the library is \lib\obj\FileCtrl.dcu. The
linker wants a FileCtrl.obj file but that file is not part of C++Builder
(neither 3
nor 5), so I get an error. Why does Builder not use the dcu? The unit
includes a statement "uses FileCtrl...". When I remove this, I get an error.

Re:Problem rebuilding Delphi component with BCB5 Std.

I had basically the same problem.  First off, Builder never uses DCU
files, it always needs .OBJ files, or library files.  However, to
compile Pascal files, it needs the DCU file for compilation purposes.

The FileCtrl is in the VCLX50.  Be sure your project uses VCL50 and
VCLX50 and you should be good to go.

On Wed, 3 May 2000 23:54:06 +0200, "J?rg Weinspach"

<jo...@weinspach.de> wrote:
>I try to rebuild a Delphi component that I recently downloaded.
>I already solved the DesgnIntf.dcu compatibility issue but now I get another
>error:
>The Pascal unit uses the function DirectoryExists. The prototype for this
>function is in FileCtrl.hpp and the library is \lib\obj\FileCtrl.dcu. The
>linker wants a FileCtrl.obj file but that file is not part of C++Builder
>(neither 3
>nor 5), so I get an error. Why does Builder not use the dcu? The unit
>includes a statement "uses FileCtrl...". When I remove this, I get an error.
>Does anyone know how to solve this problem?

Re:Problem rebuilding Delphi component with BCB5 Std.

Wanna share how you solved the dsgnintf problem? I have a post on
exactly that problem right now.  I include dsnide50.bpi but it still
wants the DCU.  I sure wish they'd paid a little better attention to
this in development - ain't like the old components get magically
upgraded too!  Thanks!
Jon

<jo...@weinspach.de> wrote:
>I try to rebuild a Delphi component that I recently downloaded.
>I already solved the DesgnIntf.dcu compatibility issue but now I get another
>error:
>The Pascal unit uses the function DirectoryExists. The prototype for this
>function is in FileCtrl.hpp and the library is \lib\obj\FileCtrl.dcu. The
>linker wants a FileCtrl.obj file but that file is not part of C++Builder
>(neither 3
>nor 5), so I get an error. Why does Builder not use the dcu? The unit
>includes a statement "uses FileCtrl...". When I remove this, I get an error.
>Does anyone know how to solve this problem?

Other Threads