Invalid Floating Point Operation Error

Hmm, perhaps you have more than one dll with the same name, and the IDE is
using one version, but when you run outside the IDE your include path is
different and you load the wrong dll (or bpl)?

That's the first thing that I'd look for.
Chris (TeamB)

Chris Cloughley wrote in message <37B09CFB.B504F...@crop.cri.nz>...
>When I work on a project within the CBuilder environment (v4), my
>project works fine. When I run it outside the CBuilder environment I get
>a "Invalid Floating Point Operation" error message. The problem itself
>should be relatively easy to find and fix, however I'm puzzled as to
>why/how the CBuilder environment deals with this problem? With the short
>description that I've given can anyone offer any thoughts on what's
>happening?

>Thanx
>Chris

Re:Invalid Floating Point Operation Error

When I work on a project within the CBuilder environment (v4), my
project works fine. When I run it outside the CBuilder environment I get
a "Invalid Floating Point Operation" error message. The problem itself
should be relatively easy to find and fix, however I'm puzzled as to
why/how the CBuilder environment deals with this problem? With the short
description that I've given can anyone offer any thoughts on what's
happening?

Thanx
Chris

Re:Invalid Floating Point Operation Error

: Chris Cloughley <cloughl...@crop.cri.nz> wrote:

Chris, before I come to the technical part, please allow me a remark:
please do not cross- or multi-post; people are not really fond of this and
it leads to all sorts of inefficiencies and confusion - major problems, in
other words.

The newsgroups guidelines (see http://www.borland.com/newsgroups/)
specifically mention this case; you might want to check them out.

Followup-to is set to borland.public.cppbuilder.language

>I'm puzzled as to
>why/how the CBuilder environment deals with this problem?

It does not. You probably have a non-initialized variable - and that has
random content which may or may not just incidentally not cause any
problems in the IDE.

Other Threads