Single Step Crashes BCB 3.0 ...

Greetings,
Whenever i try to single step...it immediately crashes BCB 3.0...Can anyone help me get rid of this ?

-Lenny

Re:Single Step Crashes BCB 3.0 ...

Lenny,
 Does this only occur with one project or project group or all?
Digby Millikan.

Re:Single Step Crashes BCB 3.0 ...

Thanks for the Response,

I have only seen it with 1 project, my current one, i dont know if it will happen with all of them. The project it does happen with is a medium sized project, with STL usage, and about 8-10 forms.

-Lenny

"Digby Millikan" <dig...@one.net.au> wrote:
>Lenny,
> Does this only occur with one project or project group or all?
>Digby Millikan.

Re:Single Step Crashes BCB 3.0 ...

Lenny,

 -You say single step, is it the line of code crashing BCB or the IDE, i.e.
have you tried moving your breakpoint
to earlier in the code.
- have you tried a full rebuild, i.e. delete .tds files and do a build
rather than a run or a make.
- something wrong with your STL, you could post any STL which is globally
declared so someone can
  check it, could be causing problems.
- you could delete you project .bpr file and create a new project and add
your forms back onto it and do a rebuild.

Regards Digby Millikan.

Re:Single Step Crashes BCB 3.0 ...

Thanks for the response,

- It crashes no matter where i set the breakpoint.
- I have done a full rebuild, it just comes back.
- The STL im using are simple maps :

    typedef std::map<AnsiString, TMyStruct>   TMyStructMap;

- Have deleted the .bpr file, and recreated the project..it seems to go
away...
but then comes back within 10 builds.

-Lenny

"Digby Millikan" <dig...@one.net.au> wrote in message

> Lenny,

>  -You say single step, is it the line of code crashing BCB or the IDE,
i.e.
> have you tried moving your breakpoint
> to earlier in the code.
> - have you tried a full rebuild, i.e. delete .tds files and do a build
> rather than a run or a make.
> - something wrong with your STL, you could post any STL which is globally
> declared so someone can
>   check it, could be causing problems.
> - you could delete you project .bpr file and create a new project and add
> your forms back onto it and do a rebuild.

> Regards Digby Millikan.

Re:Single Step Crashes BCB 3.0 ...

Sorry Lenny,
 No expert on STL, but are you deleting everything thats supposed to be
deleted.-does rebooting
have any effect.
Digby Millikan.

Re:Single Step Crashes BCB 3.0 ...

Well, doesn't seem to affect the crashing, but i have to reboot to compile,
because
the TDS file handle is locked and BCB cant access it...

I'm going to see if i get the same problem on NT.

> Sorry Lenny,
>  No expert on STL, but are you deleting everything thats supposed to be
> deleted.-does rebooting
> have any effect.
> Digby Millikan.

Re:Single Step Crashes BCB 3.0 ...

Greetings,

This problem ONLY occurs in one module. A C++ source file that is not a VCL Code module (just generic c++ code). A class hiearchy of this :

class clGuiDerived : public clDerived
class clDerived : public clBase

The classes clGuiDerived, and clDerived crash the de{*word*81} in single step, the base class DOES NOT.

Wierd huh !

Any Help is appriciated.
-Lenny Story

"Lenny Story" <NOSPAM_Sto...@mediaone.net> wrote:
>Well, doesn't seem to affect the crashing, but i have to reboot to compile,
>because
>the TDS file handle is locked and BCB cant access it...

>I'm going to see if i get the same problem on NT.
>-Lenny

>"Digby Millikan" <dig...@one.net.au> wrote in message
>> Sorry Lenny,
>>  No expert on STL, but are you deleting everything thats supposed to be
>> deleted.-does rebooting
>> have any effect.
>> Digby Millikan.

Re:Single Step Crashes BCB 3.0 ...

Greetings,

This problem ONLY occurs in one module. A C++ source file that is not a VCL
Code module (just generic c++ code). A class hiearchy of this :

class clGuiDerived : public clDerived
class clDerived : public clBase

The classes clGuiDerived, and clDerived crash the de{*word*81} in single step,
the base class DOES NOT.

I still cannot get it to stop crashing, no matter what i change. Even if i
create a new BPR it still does it.
Is there limits on the class sizes or something i dont know about ?

Any Help is appriciated.
-Lenny Story

> "Lenny Story" <NOSPAM_Sto...@mediaone.net> wrote:
> >Well, doesn't seem to affect the crashing, but i have to reboot to
compile,
> >because
> >the TDS file handle is locked and BCB cant access it...

> >I'm going to see if i get the same problem on NT.
> >-Lenny

> >"Digby Millikan" <dig...@one.net.au> wrote in message
> >> Sorry Lenny,
> >>  No expert on STL, but are you deleting everything thats supposed to be
> >> deleted.-does rebooting
> >> have any effect.
> >> Digby Millikan.

Other Threads