Board index » cppbuilder » HRCHECK ERROR

HRCHECK ERROR

Hi

    Can anyone tell me how to catch the HRCHECK exception error that gets
thrown when there is an error using any of the methods of the automation
servers. For example if some one tries to load excel automation using a bad
file name or something unknown goes wrong. I would like to keep CBuilder or
where ever the exception thrown from, from haulting my program

Thanks

 

Re:HRCHECK ERROR


In Project > Options > Directories/Conditionals, add
NO_PROMPT_ON_ASSERTE_FAILURE and/or NO_PROMPT_ON_HRCHECK_FAILURE to the
conditionals list, depending on your needs.

Gambit

Quote
"William Westbrooks" <wwestbro...@greggengineering.com> wrote in message

news:3be8623e$1_2@dnews...

Quote
>     Can anyone tell me how to catch the HRCHECK exception error that gets
> thrown when there is an error using any of the methods of the automation
> servers. For example if some one tries to load excel automation using a
bad
> file name or something unknown goes wrong. I would like to keep CBuilder
or
> where ever the exception thrown from, from haulting my program

Re:HRCHECK ERROR


in bcb4 there was a typo in the utilcls.h - 3 Ss in one of the macros.

.a

Quote
Remy Lebeau wrote:

> In Project > Options > Directories/Conditionals, add
> NO_PROMPT_ON_ASSERTE_FAILURE and/or NO_PROMPT_ON_HRCHECK_FAILURE to the
> conditionals list, depending on your needs.

> Gambit

> "William Westbrooks" <wwestbro...@greggengineering.com> wrote in message
> news:3be8623e$1_2@dnews...

> >     Can anyone tell me how to catch the HRCHECK exception error that gets
> > thrown when there is an error using any of the methods of the automation
> > servers. For example if some one tries to load excel automation using a
> bad
> > file name or something unknown goes wrong. I would like to keep CBuilder
> or
> > where ever the exception thrown from, from haulting my program

Re:HRCHECK ERROR


I was having a similar problem and your advice solved it, thanks.

Chris

PS How do you know all of this stuff? I'm really, really impressed.

Quote
"Remy Lebeau" <gambi...@gte.net> wrote in message news:3be88124$1_1@dnews...
> In Project > Options > Directories/Conditionals, add
> NO_PROMPT_ON_ASSERTE_FAILURE and/or NO_PROMPT_ON_HRCHECK_FAILURE to the
> conditionals list, depending on your needs.

Re:HRCHECK ERROR


Experience - I've been spending the last several years jumping around inside
the VCL source code while I work on my projects.  There's not a project I
make that I don't go through the source for one reason or another.  There's
a lot of stuff in there to learn from.

Gambit

Quote
"chf1mousey" <chf1mou...@netscapeonline.co.uk> wrote in message

news:3bedd314_1@dnews...
Quote
> PS How do you know all of this stuff? I'm really, really impressed.

Re:HRCHECK ERROR


I'v the best solution of that:
  remove all OLECHECK AND ASSERTION MACROs for all the IMPORTED FILES and
the UTILCLS.H

Other Threads