linking of runtime packages

Hi,

I have build a package and I am using this package in an application. If
I change something in the package code and rebuild it, do I also have to
relink the application in order to get the changes to work?

My idea was that runtime packages are linked at runtime so that a relink
of the application should not be necessary. However, using my package as
runtime package doesn't work. If I add it to the list of runtime
packages I get "unresolved external" errors for methods and objects in
the package. If my package is not in the list, the application links and
runs well, but is not aware of changes in the packages. Therefore in
this case I need to relink the application after every change in the
package.

Is there a way in the IDE to force a relink, without recompile?

Thanks for your help and best regards,
Andre