StretchBlt() & StretchDraw() Functions

Hi!
I would like to know more on these two functions,because neither my
books nor the C++Builder help mention these functions.

Who can help?

Re:StretchBlt() & StretchDraw() Functions

This was taken directly for the help files...

Draws the graphic specified by the Graphic parameter in the rectangle
specified by the Rect parameter.

void __fastcall StretchDraw(const Windows::TRect &Rect, TGraphic*
Graphic);

Description

Call StretchDraw to draw a graphic on the canvas so that the image fits
in the specified rectangle. StretchDraw calls the Draw method of the
graphic. The graphic object determines how to fit into the rectangle.
This may involve changing magnification and/or aspect ratio.

To render the graphic in its natural size, use the Draw method, instead.

Graphics can be bitmaps, icons, or metafiles. If the graphic is a
TBitmap object, the bitmap is rendered using the value of CopyMode.

StretchBlt is a win32 api function and is documentated in the win32 MS
help files...

BTW StretchDraw is just a wrapper for StretchBlt....
-goldilocks

EIDERN wrote:
> Hi!
> I would like to know more on these two functions,because neither my
> books nor the C++Builder help mention these functions.

> Who can help?

Re:StretchBlt() & StretchDraw() Functions

> I would like to know more on these two functions,because neither my
> books nor the C++Builder help mention these functions.

These are both Win32 API functions. For help, see the win32.hlp file,
installed in your \shared\mshelp directory, and also should have an
entry on your Start Menu. You can add this file to your regular help
by using the Customize Help command in the Help menu.

For a book, I highly recommend "Win32 Programming" by Rector and
Newcomer, both as a tutorial and a reference book.

| Jonathan Arnold (mailto:jdarn...@buddydog.org)    |
| http://www.buddydog.org                           |

Celebrate "gag Echelon Day", October 21, 1999:
http://www.wired.com/news/news/politics/story/22102.html
domestic disruption spy Albanian BATF assassination cracking Peking
FBI Legion of Doom Kennedy class struggle Ft. Meade KGB PLO
counter-intelligence

Other Threads