Suggestions for a client server project

2005-02-18 05:58:15 PM
cppbuilder6
I have developed a stand alone aplicatión for working in a PC. It was
developed on Builder 5.0
Now I want to develop an applicatión to run in other PC with internet
acceses for monitoring the state of my first applicatión running in other
PC's. This monitoring has to be made once a day and volumen of information
to pass between applications is not big.
¿Which is the simpliest way to do this?
¿Which component form Internet or fastnet palette do you recomend ?

Re:Suggestions for a client server project

Francisco Villa wrote:
Now I want to develop an applicatión to run in other PC with internet
acceses for monitoring the state of my first applicatión running in other
PC's. This monitoring has to be made once a day and volumen of information
to pass between applications is not big.

¿Which is the simpliest way to do this?
Add to your existing application a TCP/IP server module. And to the new
application a TCP/IP client module.
¿Which component form Internet or fastnet palette do you recomend ?
You could use TServerSocket/TClientSocket from the internet palette
for that or something similar from Indy.
Hans.

Re:Suggestions for a client server project

Hi :-)
If you want a sample source code please send me an email XXXX@XXXXX.COM
;-)

{smallsort}