write to serial port in vt100 screen

I need to write to another machine via serial port in a vt100 screen
type of format. Any one know how to do that?

Jason Xue(shay)
C. M. A.
972-247-8816 #147
888-629-5455 (Pager)
972-488-2340 (Fax)

Re:write to serial port in vt100 screen

Buy Async Pro by TurboPower Software Company
Jason Xue wrote:

> I need to write to another machine via serial port in a vt100 screen
> type of format. Any one know how to do that?

> Jason Xue(shay)
> C. M. A.
> 972-247-8816 #147
> 888-629-5455 (Pager)
> 972-488-2340 (Fax)

Re:write to serial port in vt100 screen

Or ZComm from ZBuilder (about $50 US) or search the C++Builser Web ring
for FREE/Shareware serial comm components.

Tom Woodrow

Re:write to serial port in vt100 screen

> I need to write to another machine via serial port in a vt100 screen
> type of format. Any one know how to do that?

A couple of ways:

1) Get a component to do the work.  Check out commercial products listed
on the Borland web site:

http://netserv.inprise.com/bcppbuilder/bcppbtools.html#comm

2) Roll your own by using the Win32 CreateFile API.  Check out the win32.hlp
file, as well as the following links:

http://www.microsoft.com/win32dev/base/serial.htm
http://www.traverse.com/people/poinsett/bcbcomm.html
http://www.temporaldoorway.com/workshop/cbuilder/serial.htm
| Jonathan Arnold (mailto:jdarn...@buddydog.org)    |
| Engineering Manager       Roger Wagner Publishing |
| http://people.ne.mediaone.net/jdarnold            |

My wife keeps complaining I never listen to her ...
or something like that.

Other Threads