Help a little wacky

My HELP files in C++ Builder 5 does not work correctly.  If I press
help, the dialog comes up with three tabs.  The Contents and Find tabs
seem correct.  The Index tab brings up the incorrect information.
Here is an example.  I type in Tedit on the Index tab.  The second
window shows:
 TEdit
                ~Tedit
                Tedit

I click on the Display button and it brings up a document on
TdataModule::OnDestroy.
Is this something I can fix or is a link problem in the help section.
I should mention that not all the links are incorrect as best as I can
tell.
William Bradley Rouse

Re:Help a little wacky

William Bradley Rouse wrote:

< snip >
> Is this something I can fix or is a link problem in the help section.
> I should mention that not all the links are incorrect as best as I can
> tell.

Maybe a custom install of just the help? I don't know. When I have a
problem with finding something in the help, then if I have a clue, I
simply put a comment in my open .cpp file, type the item I want to
know about ("TEdit" in your case) back the cursor into it, and press
F1. -So far- it's worked every time.

HTH

Bob

Re:Help a little wacky

You might try navigating to the Help directory and hiding by renaming
(not *deleting yet* )the .gid file whose help you were looking at.
Then see if Windows generates a new .gid file when you click on the
Index tab.  If you're not sure of the name of the Help file involved,
double-click on the .hlp files in the Help directory that seem likely,
until you find the right one.  I don't have BCB5, be check the borland
site regularly for patches and new help files.
-------
Timothy H. Buchman
City Center Theater, New York NY
mailto:tbuch...@citycenter.org
Please treat this signature information as confidential.
Search .borland message archive on http://www.mers.com/searchsite.html

William Bradley Rouse <rous...@sihope.com> wrote in message

> My HELP files in C++ Builder 5 does not work correctly.  If I press
> help, the dialog comes up with three tabs.  The Contents and Find
tabs
> seem correct.  The Index tab brings up the incorrect information.
> Here is an example.  I type in Tedit on the Index tab.  The second
> window shows:
>  TEdit
> ~Tedit
> Tedit

> I click on the Display button and it brings up a document on
> TdataModule::OnDestroy.
> Is this something I can fix or is a link problem in the help
section.
> I should mention that not all the links are incorrect as best as I
can
> tell.

> William Bradley Rouse

Re:Help a little wacky

I deleted the ".gid" files and now it seems to work.  Thanks.

William Bradley Rouse

Other Threads