de{*word*81} steps

Hello there,

I don't know if this is the place to ask about the de{*word*81}, but I will be
happy if someone can tell me where to send this message.

I  have Borland C++ builder - version 5 - build 12.34,

when I debug my program (written in C), the de{*word*81} is skipping on one
sentence and then jump to sentence he skip on and execute.

for example:

the code is:

(1)  j = 5;
(2)  j++;
(3) j += 5;

the de{*word*81} goes like this:

line    action made
=========
(1)    exe
(3)    not exe
(2)    exe
(3)    exe

way is it happened????

thanks

Hagit - ha...@grapesys.com

Re:de{*word*81} steps

> when I debug my program (written in C), the de{*word*81} is skipping on one
> sentence and then jump to sentence he skip on and execute.
> for example:
> the code is:
> (1)  j = 5;
> (2)  j++;
> (3) j += 5;

You should post the actual code lines, as I doubt these 3 lines are really
like this. But in general, even with optimization turned off, the compiler
will optimize some statements and you'll get some weird stepping.

--
Jonathan Arnold         C/C++/CBuilder Keen Advice:
http://www.keen.com/categories/categorylist_expand.asp?sid=5156620

Re:de{*word*81} steps

git <ha...@grapesys.com> wrote in message news:3c46db47_1@dnews...
> Hello there,

> I don't know if this is the place to ask about the de{*word*81}, but I will be
> happy if someone can tell me where to send this message.

> I  have Borland C++ builder - version 5 - build 12.34,

> when I debug my program (written in C), the de{*word*81} is skipping on one
> sentence and then jump to sentence he skip on and execute.

> for example:

> the code is:

> (1)  j = 5;
> (2)  j++;
> (3) j += 5;

> the de{*word*81} goes like this:

> line    action made
> =========
> (1)    exe
> (3)    not exe
> (2)    exe
> (3)    exe

> way is it happened????

> thanks

> Hagit - ha...@grapesys.com

Hi,
the real code is:

(1)  while((c = fgetc(INFILE)) != EOF) {
(2)      mod = 1;
(3)         n = fgetc(INFILE);
                .
                .
                .

}

thanks, Hagit.

Re:de{*word*81} steps

git <ha...@grapesys.com> wrote in message news:3c46db47_1@dnews...
> Hello there,

> I don't know if this is the place to ask about the de{*word*81}, but I will be
> happy if someone can tell me where to send this message.

> I  have Borland C++ builder - version 5 - build 12.34,

> when I debug my program (written in C), the de{*word*81} is skipping on one
> sentence and then jump to sentence he skip on and execute.

> for example:

> the code is:

> (1)  j = 5;
> (2)  j++;