Problem with TComboBox.Style

After reading the online Help for TComboBoxStyle, I am under the
impression that for the options csOwnerDrawFixed and csOwnerDrawVariable,
I should be able to manually enter text that is not in the list of
available selections however this does not appear to be the case.

Is csDropDown the only selection that actually allows non list items to
be entered into the combo box?

If not, how do I get the OwnerDraw options to accept text input?

If it is, how do I go about drawing list items of different colours?

Thanks in advance

Sean Hannan

Re:Problem with TComboBox.Style

Sean Hannan <mirror> wrote in message

> After reading the online Help for TComboBoxStyle, I am under the
> impression that for the options csOwnerDrawFixed and

csOwnerDrawVariable,

> I should be able to manually enter text that is not in the list of
> available selections however this does not appear to be the case.

> Is csDropDown the only selection that actually allows non list items
> be entered into the combo box?

My preliminary research under BCB3 suggests your observation is right.
Then, I didn't find good results at www.mers.com until I added the
name "Chandler" to my search!  I suggest you read this message,
http://www.mers.com/MERLIST/BORLAND/PUBLIC/CPPBUILDER/VCL/COMPONENTS/U
SING/3401.HTML
(long link-repaste if word wrapped).

Your second question is discussed on his site,
http://bcbcaq.bytamin-c.com/CLBox.html

--
Timothy H. Buchman
City Center Theater New York NY