exe patch utility?

I know this may be the wrong group, but I wasn't sure where to post this
one!

I need to change an ASCII string in an .exe program created under C++Builder
5.
I am assuming there are checksum and/or CRCs in EXE files to detect
corruption,
so my question is:

 Does Borland or any other third party have a patch utility that would allow
me to
modify the text within MY program exe file.

Yes, I know I could just change the text in the source and rebuild it, but
that route
is not as practical for me just now as using a patch utility.

Thank You,
Robert ODonnell

Re:exe patch utility?

You can use a hex editor as there is no crc checking in EXE files (AFAIK).
Try frhed a free editor at: http://www.kibria.de
Rgds Pete

"Robert E ODonnell" <rodonn...@lxworks.com> wrote in message

> I know this may be the wrong group, but I wasn't sure where to post this
> one!

> I need to change an ASCII string in an .exe program created under
C++Builder
> 5.
> I am assuming there are checksum and/or CRCs in EXE files to detect
> corruption,
> so my question is:

>  Does Borland or any other third party have a patch utility that would
allow
> me to
> modify the text within MY program exe file.

> Yes, I know I could just change the text in the source and rebuild it, but
> that route
> is not as practical for me just now as using a patch utility.

> Thank You,
> Robert ODonnell

Re:exe patch utility?

> You can use a hex editor as there is no crc checking in EXE files (AFAIK).
> Try frhed a free editor at: http://www.kibria.de
> Rgds Pete

Thanks Pete, that's just what I needed know.  Looks like great editor too!
Bob

Re:exe patch utility?

Robert,

I have a security suite called MJFSecurity in which the version in beta not
only protects your application from piracy etc but includes an encrypted CRC
that is checked at runtime.

Contact me privately if you want more information.  Available for C++Builder
3-6 only.

Malcolm

> I know this may be the wrong group, but I wasn't sure where to post this
> one!

> I need to change an ASCII string in an .exe program created under
C++Builder
> 5.
> I am assuming there are checksum and/or CRCs in EXE files to detect
> corruption,
> so my question is:

>  Does Borland or any other third party have a patch utility that would
allow
> me to
> modify the text within MY program exe file.

> Yes, I know I could just change the text in the source and rebuild it, but
> that route
> is not as practical for me just now as using a patch utility.

> Thank You,
> Robert ODonnell

Other Threads