Registering ActiveX Control Created w/ VB in C++ Builder

Thomas L. Stephens wrote:
> Known bug in VB 4.0-5.0. Only VB sees 'ActiveX' controls made with VB. Even
> Visual C++ can't see them! Controls made with Visual C++ show up just fine
> in BCB. (took us 3 weeks to find this out!)
> Add to your MS bug list.

Update:

There is a work-around that a co-worker of mine has found. He can make a
control with VB 5.0 that I can access with BCB. The only info I have on the
method is that it takes a LOT of work in VB, and the method is not documenteted
by MS (what is? :)
If anyone is interested, I can extract the particulars and pass them on.

Re:Registering ActiveX Control Created w/ VB in C++ Builder

> If anyone is interested, I can extract the particulars and pass them on.

Yes, please!

kgc

Re:Registering ActiveX Control Created w/ VB in C++ Builder

Many apologies and base grovelling! I have been informed that sucess was Not
Complete. We could see the VB OCX and add it to the component pallet, but
could not use it at design-time: did not 'see' properties or functions. My VB
Friend is working oon the problem, and everyone at MS he talks to says that
there is no problem, everything works. If it works, why no examples? BTW, I
have several OCX objects made from MSVC++ and They work with NO problems!
(how's that for MS consistancy :)

Keith G. Chuvala (TeamB) wrote:

> > If anyone is interested, I can extract the particulars and pass them on.

> Yes, please!

> kgc

Other Threads