BCB3 & PC-Lint 7.50

I'm trying to use PC-LINT 7.50 with some BCB3 source files.  Has anybody come up
with some PC-LINT configuration files for BCB3?

Dave Morgenlender
e-mail: dmor...@alum.mit.edu

Re:BCB3 & PC-Lint 7.50

> I'm trying to use PC-LINT 7.50 with some BCB3 source files.  Has anybody come up
> with some PC-LINT configuration files for BCB3?

I would imagine the configuration file for the BC++ compiler would work
pretty well, as the compilers are pretty close.

| Jonathan Arnold (mailto:jdarn...@world.std.com)   |
| Programmer                Roger Wagner Publishing |
| http://world.std.com/~jdarnold                    |

Re:BCB3 & PC-Lint 7.50

Jonathan,

>> I'm trying to use PC-LINT 7.50 with some BCB3 source files.  Has anybody come up
>> with some PC-LINT configuration files for BCB3?

>I would imagine the configuration file for the BC++ compiler would work
>pretty well, as the compilers are pretty close.

It took some doing, but I ended up getting it to work, sort of.  The big problem
was a switch in the BC5 configuration file, which specified to assume a .H
extension for an include file without any extension.  I looked through the
PC-LINT manual for such a switch but couldn't find anything.  I called Gimpel,
speaking with Jim Gimpel;  he told me the switch in question, although he
indicated it disabled the .H default, when it fact it did the opposite.  IAE,
once this problem was solved, PC-LINT worked fine on the "unit" I gave it.

The bad news ... Jim said PC-LINT does not support BCB yet.  So I was ok, since
the source code did not include any BCB-specific C++ changes.  But once I start
trying to feed it code that uses VCL, etc., it probably won't work.  Jim's not
sure, but he believes that even defining out the BCB-specific keywords is not
adequate.

Dave Morgenlender
e-mail: dmor...@alum.mit.edu

Re:BCB3 & PC-Lint 7.50

> The bad news ... Jim said PC-LINT does not support BCB yet.  So I was ok,

since

I am glad the word "YET" is in that sentence.  I'm also glad it says "does
not", instead of "will not".

Chris

Re:BCB3 & PC-Lint 7.50

Chris,

>> The bad news ... Jim said PC-LINT does not support BCB yet.  So I was ok,
>since

>I am glad the word "YET" is in that sentence.  I'm also glad it says "does
>not", instead of "will not".

Jim definitely indicated it's on the list.  But he also did not give any
timeframe.  I suspect the more people that let him know this is desired, the
sooner it will get done!!!  (A call or email wouldn't hurt!)

Dave Morgenlender
e-mail: dmor...@alum.mit.edu

Re:BCB3 & PC-Lint 7.50

David Morgenlender <dmor...@alum.mit.edu> wrote in article
<354db5a3.85619...@enews.newsguy.com>...

> Jonathan,

> The bad news ... Jim said PC-LINT does not support BCB yet.  So I was ok,
since
> the source code did not include any BCB-specific C++ changes.  But once I
start
> trying to feed it code that uses VCL, etc., it probably won't work.
Jim's not
> sure, but he believes that even defining out the BCB-specific keywords is
not
> adequate.

Dave,

I tried mightily to get it to work for VCL code, defining BCB keywords,
etc.  Didn't work.  Gimpel (the company, not the Man himself <s>) did not
respond to my last email asking for an approximate timeframe.

Regards,
Richard Ulrich

Other Threads