QuickReports not printing

These is a know problem with Quick Reports for BCB4.
The only thing we were able to do, was to purchase the Pro. Version of QR.
They don't seem to care about the Standard version that comes with BCB4.
Richard Thomson wrote in message <7uiudu$od...@forums.borland.com>...
>I have just converted an application from CBuilder 3 to 4 and now I am
>unable to print any of the reports. Calling

>qrPreview->PrintSetup ()

>still displays the print dialog but calling print has no effect.

>I have also noted that the when resorting to using the StandardPreview that
>neither the print nor print setup buttons are enabled. I ahve found other
>referneces to this problem but no-one as yet seems to have a solution.

>The reports I am using are just basic reports using only labels, dbtext
>fields and expressions.

>Any assistance would be greatly appreciated

>Thanks Richard

Re:QuickReports not printing

I have just converted an application from CBuilder 3 to 4 and now I am
unable to print any of the reports. Calling

qrPreview->PrintSetup ()

still displays the print dialog but calling print has no effect.

I have also noted that the when resorting to using the StandardPreview that
neither the print nor print setup buttons are enabled. I ahve found other
referneces to this problem but no-one as yet seems to have a solution.

The reports I am using are just basic reports using only labels, dbtext
fields and expressions.

Any assistance would be greatly appreciated

Thanks Richard

Re:QuickReports not printing

Hi Richard

    I think problem is that if you want to preview (print ) report you have
to use
at least one of the bands (Title, Detail band, Summary). For simple, place
clear QuickReport and experiment with enabling (disabling ) bands and
with preview. Than, if you enable right band,  you see white paper
in preview othervise you will not see paper and will not be able print.
Also remember to set PrintIfEmpty to true.

 Marian Weisser
 weis...@tribut.ch

Re:QuickReports not printing

Been there, done that.  View the form (Report) as text.  Make sure you
don't have an element that displays OFF PAGE. This will keep you from
printing.
Richard Thomson wrote:

> I have just converted an application from CBuilder 3 to 4 and now I am
> unable to print any of the reports. Calling

> qrPreview->PrintSetup ()

> still displays the print dialog but calling print has no effect.

> I have also noted that the when resorting to using the StandardPreview that
> neither the print nor print setup buttons are enabled. I ahve found other
> referneces to this problem but no-one as yet seems to have a solution.

> The reports I am using are just basic reports using only labels, dbtext
> fields and expressions.

> Any assistance would be greatly appreciated

> Thanks Richard

Re:QuickReports not printing

I actually got a reply back form QSoft and they tought the problem was due
to precompiled headers.

So I turned them off. Deleted vcl40.csm and built with run time packages
(very important this step) and things have come back to life

thanks guys

Richard Thomson wrote in message <7uiudu$od...@forums.borland.com>...
>I have just converted an application from CBuilder 3 to 4 and now I am
>unable to print any of the reports. Calling

>qrPreview->PrintSetup ()

>still displays the print dialog but calling print has no effect.

>I have also noted that the when resorting to using the StandardPreview that
>neither the print nor print setup buttons are enabled. I ahve found other
>referneces to this problem but no-one as yet seems to have a solution.

>The reports I am using are just basic reports using only labels, dbtext
>fields and expressions.

>Any assistance would be greatly appreciated

>Thanks Richard

Other Threads