Access violation in ntdll.dll

Hi,
I get this error when I close my application about 50% of the time
Access violation in ntdll.dll, and when I try to run it in win from just
an exe file it says that "the program has made errors and you will need
to restart it."

I'm running bcb4 std with the latest patches on win2000pro with both
service packs installed. Here's a list of components i use:

TidHTTPServer, antifreeze and ThreadMgr
TTrayComp  (included with bcb examples to put icon in the sys tray)
Memo, buttons, toolbar, ImageList - the standard ones.

I delete all the things that I dynamicly allocated myself so I don't
what could be wrong with it.

Thanks for any input on this
--
 - Lev B.
 - AKA BoneMan of the JawBones Network

Re:Access violation in ntdll.dll

There was a bug in W2K SP1, where the background thread in Winsock would die
in NTDLL.DLL with certain hardware. If you have SP1, then upgrade to SP2 and
see if the problem disappears. You can tell if the problem is in Winsock by
looking at the callstack when the violation occurs. The bottom of the call
stack will be wsock32.dll or something like that and it's call thru a setup
DLL.
--
Randy Charles Morin
Author of Programming Windows Services

Feel free to contact me by private email or messenger
MSN Messenger - morin_ra...@hotmail.com
Yahoo Messenger - randymo...@yahoo.com

"Lev B." <jawbo...@jawbones.net> wrote in message

> Hi,
> I get this error when I close my application about 50% of the time
> Access violation in ntdll.dll, and when I try to run it in win from just
> an exe file it says that "the program has made errors and you will need
> to restart it."

> I'm running bcb4 std with the latest patches on win2000pro with both
> service packs installed. Here's a list of components i use:

> TidHTTPServer, antifreeze and ThreadMgr
> TTrayComp  (included with bcb examples to put icon in the sys tray)
> Memo, buttons, toolbar, ImageList - the standard ones.

> I delete all the things that I dynamicly allocated myself so I don't
> what could be wrong with it.

> Thanks for any input on this
> --
>  - Lev B.
>  - AKA BoneMan of the JawBones Network

Re:Access violation in ntdll.dll

I'm not dumb im just inexperienced... whats a call stack?

And I do have sp2 installed as I mentioned in my original question,
thanks for your response.
--
 - Lev B.
 - AKA BoneMan of the JawBones Network