Printer problem with Hatch styles

2005-05-18 10:30:56 PM
cppbuilder78
Hi everyone
My application draws rectangles and other polygons which can be filled using
the various standard hatch styles such as diagonal lines, cross, vertical
lines etc. To set the hatch colours and styles, I use the
Canvas->Brush->Color and Canvas->Brush->Style properties. All is fine when
displayed on the monitor, but when printing, most printers draw the space
between the hatch lines in black, I want the spaces left white or
transparent.
I thought this problem may be solved by playing with the background
colour/style by using the Windows GDI functions SetBkColor() and
SetBkStyle(), but nothing I do has any result.
Can anyone help me get the printing right.
Regards
Peter