Setting focus from Main Form to MDI Child?

How should I set the focus to an MDI child from its parent? I've tried SetFocus() and BringToFront().

To describe my problem I've built a new project in BCB 5 with two forms, one main (TForm1) and one child (TForm2). Main contains one button and child contains one edit box. When I press the button in main I want the focus to be set to the edit box in the child. This doesn't work (I've also tried it with window messages). The code is included below to show the simplicity in the problem.

<<<<<----- Unit1.cpp
#include <vcl.h>
#pragma hdrstop
#include "Unit1.h"
#include "Unit2.h"
#pragma package(smart_init)
#pragma resource "*.dfm"
TForm1 *Form1;

  : TForm(Owner)
{

}

{
  TForm2* child = ((TForm2*)ActiveMDIChild);
  if (child != NULL) {
    child->BringToFront();
    child->Edit1->SetFocus();
  }