Window handle of a non-VCL window

Hi !

Need any Help !

I'd Like to instantiate a list view at runtime using the TListView(HWND
ParentWindow) constructor. I don't use any  TCompoment Classes because my
Window is a non-VCL window. I placed the following Code in my App but this
didn't work. The ListView isn't displayed by my App. I'm Using this Code in
a Dll File.

  TListView *ListView = new TListView(ParentWindow);
  ListView->Top = 10;
  ListView->Left = 10;
  ListView->Width = 200;
  ListView->Height = 150;
  ListView->ViewStyle = vsReport;
  ListView->Show();

Holger Wiebrock

Re:Window handle of a non-VCL window

Holger Wiebrock <hw> wrote in message news:3bf938be_1@dnews...
> I'd Like to instantiate a list view at runtime using the
TListView(HWND
> ParentWindow) constructor. I don't use any  TCompoment Classes

because my

TListView is derived from TComponent, but you should be able to embed
it in a non-VCL window anyway.

> Window is a non-VCL window. I placed the following Code in my App
but this
> didn't work. The ListView isn't displayed by my App. I'm Using this
Code in
> a Dll File.
>   TListView *ListView = new TListView(ParentWindow);
>   ListView->Top = 10;

This is a little hazy, because you've happened to use a variable name
that is the same as the property you want (the VCL to set for you) set
for the * ListView.  (I respectfully urge you to lowercase ListView
for the same reason, but it's a matter of style.)  Are you sure you
provided the handle of the window where you want the VCL control to
appear?  Are we seeing an inherited property, or just the name of a
delclared variable.  Anyway, try

ListView->ParentWindow=ParentWindow; // if it seems appropriate

--
Timothy H. Buchman
City Center Theater New York NY

Other Threads