Documentation for TPicture->RegisterClipboardFormat

I have posted a question similar to this in the graphics newsgroup with no
response.  What I'm trying to do is move a JPEG image (from a TJPEGImage
object) to and from the clipboard.  It appears that the way to do this is
using the SaveToClipboardFormat method of the TJPEGImage class, but to do
this, the class has to be registered through the
TPicture->RegisterClipboardFormat method.  Unfortunately, there is no
documentation for this method (actually, there is a little, but it is
incomprehensible).

Has anyone used the TPicture->RegisterClipboardFormat method or know where I
can find more documentation on it?

Thanks,

George