"Property not found" runtime error

Hi,

I'm trying to put a simple component in a design/run-time BCB5 package
for the first time (a button descended fromTGraphicControl).

Everything works perfectly at design time, but when I run an app using
the component I get "Error reading xxx: property not found" for any
property stored in the form which I've created, as opposed to
inherited. It occurs irrespective of the property's type. It seems
that the RTTI is failing when the component is streamed in.

Any help appreciated.

Re:"Property not found" runtime error

I've fixed it. The problem (if it helps anyone else) was that the test
project still contained the original non-packaged version, with the
same classname, properties etc. This seems to be enough to give
the loader a hernia.

Other Threads