Active object highlighting on dynamic VCL objects

If I create various VCL components on a form and run the program, when I
press Tab I get an indication of the currently active object by a dotted
border around it if it's a check box or similar. If the objects are created
dynamically this dotted border does not appear. How can I get it back? I
have many objects on my form and when using Tab it's not obvious which one
is active.

Thanks,
--

Matt Ross
Please remove all underscore characters from my e-mail address.

Re:Active object highlighting on dynamic VCL objects

On Wed, 15 May 2002 10:53:35 +0100, "Matt Ross"

<m._g._ross@_herts._ac._uk> wrote:
>If I create various VCL components on a form and run the program, when I
>press Tab I get an indication of the currently active object by a dotted
>border around it if it's a check box or similar. If the objects are created
>dynamically this dotted border does not appear. How can I get it back?

You need to set the new control's TabStop and TabOrder properties in
order for the Tab key to cycle through it.

"Michael Warner" <m...@ozemail.com.au> wrote in message

> On Wed, 15 May 2002 10:53:35 +0100, "Matt Ross"
> <m._g._ross@_herts._ac._uk> wrote:

> >If I create various VCL components on a form and run the program, when I
> >press Tab I get an indication of the currently active object by a dotted
> >border around it if it's a check box or similar. If the objects are
created
> >dynamically this dotted border does not appear. How can I get it back?

> You need to set the new control's TabStop and TabOrder properties in
> order for the Tab key to cycle through it.

Yes I have already done that and Tab does work, but I don't get the dotted
border around the object to signify it is the current Object on the form. So
if I don't use the mouse I soon get lost as to which object is active.

Thanks,

--

Matt Ross
Please remove all underscore characters from my e-mail address.

Other Threads