cannot load package vcldb it contains unit db which is also contained in package pckDB

I try to implement plugin-technology in my project. I have the package
pckDB containing db,dbclient,provider,adodb etc. with patches and
bug-fixes. Another package is pckCommon which in its turn requires
pckDB and contains common classes and global variables for all
plugins. The third (and all remaining plugins) requires pckDB and
pckCommon and implement its own functionality according to the common
declared interface in pckCommon. The main application requires pckDB
and pckCommon as well and makes a try for load plugins at run-time
(via LoadPackage, GetClass and all such) but fails with Subject.
Where's my fault?

--
Vladimir Ulchenko aka vavan

Re:cannot load package vcldb it contains unit db which is also contained in package pckDB

On Mon, 26 Nov 2001 18:28:49 +0300, vavan <va...@santel.ru> wrote:

A little addition: I need that pckDB because it is impossible (as I
can understand) to rebuild those patched units and share newly
compiled modules without adding those modified .pas-files to every
single project?

--
Vladimir Ulchenko aka vavan

Re:cannot load package vcldb it contains unit db which is also contained in package pckDB

You won't be able to accomplish what you are trying to do if you drop any
components onto a form or data module.  This will cause vcldb.bpl to be either
dynamically linked in or statically linked.  Either way you now have a naming
conflict with your new packages when they try to register the VCL class names.

vavan wrote:

> I try to implement plugin-technology in my project. I have the package
> pckDB containing db,dbclient,provider,adodb etc. with patches and
> bug-fixes. Another package is pckCommon which in its turn requires
> pckDB and contains common classes and global variables for all
> plugins. The third (and all remaining plugins) requires pckDB and
> pckCommon and implement its own functionality according to the common
> declared interface in pckCommon. The main application requires pckDB
> and pckCommon as well and makes a try for load plugins at run-time
> (via LoadPackage, GetClass and all such) but fails with Subject.
> Where's my fault?

> --
> Vladimir Ulchenko aka vavan

--
Jeff Overcash (TeamB)
The fool escaped from paradise will look over his shoulder and cry

Re:cannot load package vcldb it contains unit db which is also contained in package pckDB

On Mon, 26 Nov 2001 12:28:29 -0500, "Jeff Overcash (TeamB)"

<overc...@onramp.net> wrote:
>You won't be able to accomplish what you are trying to do if you drop any
>components onto a form or data module.  This will cause vcldb.bpl to be either
>dynamically linked in or statically linked.  Either way you now have a naming
>conflict with your new packages when they try to register the VCL class names.

So, is it impossible to rebuild vcldb.bpl (have in mind vcl sources)
at all? Are there any other solutions to my problem?

--

vavan wrote:

> So, is it impossible to rebuild vcldb.bpl (have in mind vcl sources)
> at all?

Correct and it is against the license agreement to do so.

> Are there any other solutions to my problem?

Statically link in the changed VCL.  This was done to stop Dll Hell.

> --
> Vladimir Ulchenko aka vavan

--
Jeff Overcash (TeamB)
The fool escaped from paradise will look over his shoulder and cry
Sit and chew on daffodils and struggle to answer why?
As you grow up and leave the playground
Where you kissed your Prince and found your frog
Remember the jester that showed you tears, the script for tears. (Fish)

Re:cannot load package vcldb it contains unit db which is also contained in package pckDB

On Tue, 27 Nov 2001 09:34:20 -0500, "Jeff Overcash (TeamB)"

<overc...@onramp.net> wrote:
>> Are there any other solutions to my problem?

>Statically link in the changed VCL.  This was done to stop Dll Hell.

Does that mean I have to include all those modified .pas-files to each
and all plugin and the main application itself? But when I do that
Builder suggest me to include vclmid, vcldb etc. packages to
requires-section of my plugins and remove .pas-files and if I ignore
its advice then I get an AV when I start the main application (which
also contains all the patches in its turn)

--

On Tue, 27 Nov 2001 18:25:38 +0300, vavan <va...@santel.ru> wrote:
>its advice then I get an AV when I start the main application (which

That AV happens somewhere inside VCL during the call of the
InitInheritedComponent in the sequence of constructors -
TSomeSpecificForm - TCommonPluginForm - TForm only if SomeSpecificForm
contains any db-aware control on itself

--
Vladimir Ulchenko aka vavan

Other Threads