Builder 1.1 app source won't compile under Builder 5.0

I am working on an application that was started by a collegue of mine who uses Borland C++ Builder 1.1 to develop. He sent me his source code and MAK file so I could add my stuff into the application only I can't link the objects. He uses a third party obj file to access DirectX. his application has two OBJ files included in the app that there is no source for. They are the TDirectDraw.obj file and the T.DirectDrawForm.obj file. Both these files have .h files that go with them and the .DirectDrawForm.obj file has a .dfm file as well. The error I keep getting is a Linker Error of Unresolved external (49 of them to be exact). All of the errors are __fastcall Classes error to diferent vcl objects. for instance TComponent::GetChildren or TComponent::ValidateRename to name a
couple. whats going on here. this is driving me crazy. The reference in every case is from those two object files. I have been messing around with this for days now and I am at my wits end with Borland. (Which I might add I really like) This is my first experience using Borlands products and I really need the help. Thank you so much!

Michael

Re:Builder 1.1 app source won't compile under Builder 5.0

Your friend is horribly out of date and the compiler, the VCL and even the
language all have changed in the last 5 or so years.  Do not expect to be
able to use object files or libraries created with BCB1 in a BCB 5 project.
Either get source code and build it under BCB 5 or modify the code to use an
equivalent library which does work with BCB 5.

,  Ed

Re:Builder 1.1 app source won't compile under Builder 5.0

"Michael T. Titus" <mti...@lvcm.com> wrote in message

Hi,

I have rebuilt several BCB 1 apps in BCB 5. It's not possible to take the
code as it is, but the changes are not THAT many, and normally, it's quite
straight forward work.

Regards,

Peter

Re:Builder 1.1 app source won't compile under Builder 5.0

I appreciate all of your help. Unfortunately we no longer have the source
code that created the obj file, I guess I am stuck using his version of the
ide and compiler. I will write my code and send it to him to compile and
debug, maybe that will work. Thanks again for your help.

Michael

"Peter Milesson" <mi...@nospax.dragon.cz> wrote in message

> "Michael T. Titus" <mti...@lvcm.com> wrote in message

> Hi,

> I have rebuilt several BCB 1 apps in BCB 5. It's not possible to take the
> code as it is, but the changes are not THAT many, and normally, it's quite
> straight forward work.

> Regards,

> Peter

Other Threads