Making App's Look the Same

i am using BCB 3.0 and just want my app to have the same basic look on all
systems.  not exactly the same size but the same look.  if the form is
smaller due to a larger resolution then i want the buttons and stuff to be
smaller too.  is it just a setting during the setup of the form or what?  i
want everything to be the same proportion you could say on all
systems

am i just doing something stupid when the app shows up on my friends system,
which has a higher resolution then mine, and it has the form smaller but the
buttons and stuff are the same size i think and the form has scroll bars now
to scroll in the form.

any suggestions would be great!!

joe

Re:Making App's Look the Same

> if the form is smaller due to a larger resolution then i want the buttons
> and stuff to be smaller too

// There are a couple of possible solutions (although I recommend you
// only the 3rd one):

// 1. Use the ScaleControls(), ScaleBy() or ChangeScale() methods to
//    rescale all components contained on your form, and, if needed,
//    the form itself.

// 2. Use a for-loop to go through all your components (see the
//    Components and ComponentCount properties) and change their
//    Width, Height, Left, Top, and even Font, properties.

// 3. Use a third-party component.  There's a complete list of "Sizers"
//    components at:

//      http://www.torry.ru/sizers.htm

//    GTSizer is probably the most popular one, but you're always free to
//    choose the one you want.

// --
// Yoto Yotov

Other Threads