CB 2007 and WCF

2008-05-07 07:58:24 AM
cppbuilder32
I'm trying to use WCF with C++ Builder 2007 and I can't seem to get it to
work... Is this possible and if it is can anyone explain how to do this,
maybe even provide some sample code.

Re:CB 2007 and WCF

If you mean WCF as in "indigo", that is for .NET C++ Builder is C++, not
.NET There is a Delphi for dot-NET but not a C++ Builder for it.
. Ed
Joshua M. LeFevre wrote in message
news:4820f192$ XXXX@XXXXX.COM ...

I'm trying to use WCF with C++ Builder 2007 and I can't seem to get it to
work... Is this possible and if it is can anyone explain how to do this,
maybe even provide some sample code.

Re:CB 2007 and WCF

See my reply to the duplicate message you posted in the IDE group.
. Ed
Joshua M. LeFevre wrote in message
news:4820f1f3$ XXXX@XXXXX.COM ...

{smallsort}

Re:CB 2007 and WCF

But anything you can do in Delphi generally you can also do with C++
Builder. C++ Builder 2007 also has the ability to import .NET components.
I'm just wondering how to use this.
"Ed Mulroy [TeamB]" < XXXX@XXXXX.COM >wrote in message
If you mean WCF as in "indigo", that is for .NET C++ Builder is C++, not
.NET There is a Delphi for dot-NET but not a C++ Builder for it.

. Ed

>Joshua M. LeFevre wrote in message
>news:4820f192$ XXXX@XXXXX.COM ...
>
>I'm trying to use WCF with C++ Builder 2007 and I can't seem to get it to
>work... Is this possible and if it is can anyone explain how to do this,
>maybe even provide some sample code.

Re:CB 2007 and WCF

I must have worded it wrong.
Delphi .NET, not the normal Delphi, is the product which handles .NET
.NET items need a PInvoke to handle normal (unmanaged) code and C++ Builder
has no PInvoke.
From a small effort I did a while ago to see how difficult .NET would be to
use, it was far easier to just do what I needed with Win32 calls and normal
C++ than to go to the the large amount of design and coding necessary to
establish a way through COM to access .NET items as part of my program. You
might look around on MSDN to get a feel for what is required. This link and
the links in the column to the left of the page it accesses should give you
some idea of what is required:
msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/sd10k43k(VS.71).aspx
news:4820f631$ XXXX@XXXXX.COM ...

But anything you can do in Delphi generally you can also do with C++
Builder. C++ Builder 2007 also has the ability to import .NET components.
I'm just wondering how to use this

Re:CB 2007 and WCF

Thank you. That answer was exactly what i needed to hear.
"Ed Mulroy [TeamB]" < XXXX@XXXXX.COM >wrote in message
I must have worded it wrong.

Delphi .NET, not the normal Delphi, is the product which handles .NET

.NET items need a PInvoke to handle normal (unmanaged) code and C++
Builder has no PInvoke.

From a small effort I did a while ago to see how difficult .NET would be
to use, it was far easier to just do what I needed with Win32 calls and