Who is Peter Sollich?

A news article reported that Inprise compiler guru Peter Sollich left
for Microsoft.  Was he a key person in the compiler group?

Re:Who is Peter Sollich?

Where do you find this information ?

Cliff a crit:

In article <36DBA4B2.BE5C7...@vlsi.com>, cliff.s...@vlsi.com says...

> A news article reported that Inprise compiler guru Peter Sollich left
> for Microsoft.  Was he a key person in the compiler group?

From http://www.inprise.com/borcon97/sollich/ (scroll to the bottom):

Ms. Rogers: Now I should mention that Peter's been with Borland for 12
years. His original project was the the 8-bit Modula 2 compiler that was
released in 1985. And he is the original architect and author of all of
Borland's 32-bit compiler technology for C++Builder, Delphi.
....<<

Where did you read the article ?

Peter

Re:Who is Peter Sollich?

Cliff wrote:

> A news article reported that Inprise compiler guru Peter Sollich left
> for Microsoft.  Was he a key person in the compiler group?

Where did u read He left for Microsoft ?? I read the article(pretty fast
tought)
and could see no where he had left. I even searched for the word
microsoft and
i had one hit not relevent. So whats the catch ? Youre from microsoft ?
U want to scare everybody ?

Re:Who is Peter Sollich?

>>Was he a key person in the compiler group?

Uh... you could say that. He was the backend compiler guy. BTW, Peter left
several months ago so it's not a new development.

--
Kent (TeamB and TurboPower Software)

Re:Who is Peter Sollich?

Slowly, slowly MS gets all the best developers Borland has ! I heard that
the main architect for MS VJ++ 6.0 is the one who did Delphi ?!

    George.

Cliff wrote:
> A news article reported that Inprise compiler guru Peter Sollich left
> for Microsoft.  Was he a key person in the compiler group?

Re:Who is Peter Sollich?

Wow.  People are jumpy around here.  I've never had anyone accuse me of
being from Microsoft before. :-)

The article is at:
http://www.techweb.com/se/directlink.cgi?IWK19990301S0056
So it's for real folks.  I'm as sad as you are to read such news.  I wonder
if there is someone to replace him?

Matzerath wrote:
> So whats the catch ? Youre from microsoft ?
> U want to scare everybody ?

Re:Who is Peter Sollich?

Cliff wrote:

> Wow.  People are jumpy around here.  I've never had anyone accuse me of
> being from Microsoft before. :-)

> The article is at:
> http://www.techweb.com/se/directlink.cgi?IWK19990301S0056
> So it's for real folks.  I'm as sad as you are to read such news.  I wonder
> if there is someone to replace him?

> Matzerath wrote:

> > So whats the catch ? Youre from microsoft ?
> > U want to scare everybody ?

I'm sorry !
I thought u where the one telling us to read the web page and I did not
find anything
about this issu so I figured u where lying....
I'm pitifull.....

Matzerath The Wolf. <Feeling realllllll bad.>

ps: Can I make it up to u ? Want my copy of BCB4 ? Joking !

Re:Who is Peter Sollich?

Hmm, maybe we have a chance at a new optimizer now ? <g>

Alex

"Kent Reisdorph (TeamB)" wrote:

> >>Was he a key person in the compiler group?

> Uh... you could say that. He was the backend compiler guy. BTW, Peter left
> several months ago so it's not a new development.

> --
> Kent (TeamB and TurboPower Software)

--
HotSend - portable documents technology
http://www.hotsend.com/

Re:Who is Peter Sollich?

And who is not replaceable?
Cliff wrote:
> So it's for real folks.  I'm as sad as you are to read such news.  I wonder
> if there is someone to replace him?

Other Threads